Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Wedding

On Saturday, June 13th at 3:33 my Meg's little sister Laura got married. I (Meg) am excited for her. Her new husband is Nathan Claggett; a man who loves her and loves Jesus. What more could I ask for my little sister. My prayer is that they will grow closer to each other as they seek Jesus each and every day. This picture is of them praying. After they lit the unity candle they each prayed. Such a special moment to share.

The ceremony was beautiful and everything was just as my sister wanted. I personally am glad she enjoyed it and I am VERY glad it is over. I don't do stress well. This is something I have been learning since I was in college. You would think that I would have learned not to let stress take over after I battled with it in student teaching. Or when I would procrastinate and barely make deadlines at work. Or when I got behind on chores around the house and didn't have dishes to serve company on. Isn't it funny how we have to learn the same lessons over and over before we get it.

So true about my spiritual life also. Each day I seem to be reminded of some sin that is still in my life. But Jesus is faithful and continues to purify me. So today I lay all of me on the alter and wait to see what God prunes away. What sin He will ask me to leave for His glory. I pray that what He convicts me of today I won't try to pick up again in a few weeks. I want to be more like my savior each day but that can't happen if I keep turning back to the same sins that Jesus already asked me to leave behind.

Tim was a champ all the way through. Scott did have to take him to the nursery for the ceremony but he did so well with all our friends and family loving on him. Tim decided to take a nap on Scott's shoulder between the ceremony and the reception. Who can blame him? With all the hellos, kisses and new faces. I wanted to take a nap too :)

1 comment:

Philip and Kara said...

great post meg! Thanks for sharing your heart! I MISS you! Love, kara