Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Lights



As we are driving around we have gotten to see many Christmas lights. I love it; they bring such joy to my heart. Tim has gotten to the stage in life where he points at things and says, "eh?" It is his way of asking, "What?" Last Sunday I noticed how often he is pointing at light. He points out the window, then the chandelier, then to the desk lamp, to any source of light.


He is drawn to the light. Oh, how I wish my focus was like Tim's. I should be drawn to the Light and always looking to the Light -- Jesus. In John 8:12 Jesus says, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Jeremiah 29:13 tells us, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."



If I follow Him, He promises me that I will not walk in darkness. If I seek Him with all my heart He promises that I will find Him. Those are some amazing promises to hold onto this Christmas. So when you see Christmas lights this year, remember that Jesus is our Light. He desires that we seek and follow Him in this holiday season and the year to come.



MERRY CHRISTMAS from our family to yours!

No comments: