How you can be Praying for WGM Uganda…
Please pray for the physical & spiritual health of the missionaries & their families…
Southern Uganda Missionaries
- Jonathan & Lisa Mayo (Jordan & Ethan)
- Kenneth & Delight Hopson (Kaleb, Austin, & Emilee)
- Lisa Fish (Home Ministry Assignment)
- John & Beth Muehleisen (Home Ministry Assignment)
- Jean Komline (beginning her 3rd year teaching at Heritage)
- Brent Duncan (in charge of housing and vehicle maintenance, works with university students, pastoral training)
- Karli Elsrod (teaching physical education at Heritage)
- Jessie Mittleman (teaching art at Heritage)
- Billy & Joanna Coppedge (Elsie Jayne & Lucy Mae)
- Josh and Kelly Hallahan (Caleb& Seth - preschoolers) will be the chaplain at Heritage International School, working with university students
- Scott and Meg Rambo (Timothy - preschooler) will be in Arua working with Coppedges
- Michael and Brenda Guilliams (Luke - preschooler) working in Jinja
- John and Nancy Ferg (Carly & Jamie - both in high school) will be in Kampala helping with maintenance
- Matt and Joy (Morse) Burke (Judah & Lily - preschoolers) will be working with pastoral training/community health & development
- Rick and Janie Burkhalter (visit Uganda missionaries twice each year)
- Matt and Joy Burke praise God for the little bundle of joy He has brought into their lives, Lily. They also ask that we pray for their Home Ministry Assignment schedule. It's difficult for them to work full time and make contacts.
- Josh and Kelly Hallahan are heading to Colorado fornew missionary training (SPLICE/PILAT) September 13-October 15. Pray that the training would sink deep into their hearts, equip them for the field, and at the same time, that God would help them keep building their support team!
- Two families will arrive in Uganda this month. Michael and Brenda Guilliams will arrive on September 3, and Billy and Joanna Coppedge will arrive on September 7. Please pray for both of these families as they adjust to living in Uganda as well as for wisdom and guidance as they engage in ministry (Guilliams in Jinja and Coppedges in northwestern Uganda and southern Sudan).
- Heritage International School has an urgent need for a principal and English teacher. Praise the Lord the other teaching positions have been filled.
- The income tax situation at Heritage is still unresolved. Please continue to pray for God's intervention.
- The Uganda field has an urgent need for a business manager/treasurer. We don't have anyone at this point to fill this very important position.
- Please pray for the MK’s during this school year: Kaleb (10th grade), Austin and Jordan (8th grade), and Emilee and Ethan (6th grade).
- Scott and Meg Rambo are expecting a new baby, Benjamin, to arrive around September 13. Please pray for the last weeks of this pregnancy, for a healthy delivery, and for all of the family adjustments that come with this happy event.
Ongoing Prayer Requests for the Field:
- Please continue to pray for the field housing situation. With rent increases and more missionaries arriving, the need for affordable field housing continues to remain a need.
- Please pray for the pastoral training program in 2010. The training syllabus is being updated and revised to a new discipleship/scriptural knowledge/leadership model.
- The Africa Gospel Church will be going through a time of transition in 2010 as they will soon get their registration from the Uganda government. They will be learning how to govern themselves as well as how to budget the church's finances. This is a huge step in the life of the Africa Gospel Church.
- Pray for the Community Health Empowerment ministry (CHE) that was launched last February. Pray that those involved in this ministry will be true servants of Jesus Christ and will help lead not only their local churches but also their communities toward transformation.
- Please pray for the youth pastor’s training as well as a devotional book that is in the works for the youth who are away at school.
- Please pray as we continue to look at new areas for outreach. New ministries have already begun in South Sudan. We are now looking at ministry opportunities in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and 5 strategic locations within Uganda.
- Please pray that the Lord will provide 42 new missionaries in the next 10 years to meet the needs of the expanding ministries.
- Please pray for the printing ministry that Kenneth and Delight Hopson are involved with. The print shop touches every area of ministry of WGM in Uganda.
- Please pray for land to be purchased to build an Urban Center or to be able to purchase land with an existing building for multi-purpose ministries inKampala. This Urban Center would be a place for the 600 plus students from 11 African countries in the University Ministry. It would be a multi-purpose building for a church to reach professionals, a place to begin businesses or to rent out to other businesses to help fund the ministries of the church.
- Please pray that God will provide the necessary resources to meet the needs within all of the ministry opportunities.
- Please pray that we would all have the attitude of Christ, that we would keep Him the center focus of our lives, marriages, families, & ministries, and that we would be a light to Uganda.