Friday, October 30, 2015

"I lift my eyes up..."

This week has been hard. We have felt more under spiritual attack this week than we have so far this term. Scott was told his visa for Congo was ready to pick up, only to be told again, "it is missing one more thing." We had some trouble with one of our staff. And we found out that Scott's grandmother passed away this week. Just to name a few.

As I was crying out to Jesus asking "why?" I was reminded that we are in a battle, and Jesus quickly put into perspective all that is happening for His kingdom. Bible studies have taken off and are going really well. A group of pastors in town are asking Scott for training. We have hosted a handful of visitors and all have gone well. Our language and cultural understanding have made big leaps in the past few weeks.

We were feeling encouraged, then it felt like we were being hit on every side. As I was driving home from leading a wonderful women's bible study, I knew that I had a hard conversation I needed  to have when I got back. I was asking Jesus to help me when I looked up and saw THIS!


Immediately I thought of the verse:

Ps 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

My help comes from the Lord. He can and will help me with all that comes. And He has. This week has been hard. I don't know that it will be easier next week. But I know that my help comes from Him who is over all, and who will be with me to the end.

1 comment:

Jack's apprentice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.