Tuesday, June 7, 2016

What I Am Most Excited About

I have two women's Bible studies that have been meeting since last fall. I love both of these groups of women. We know that God has called us to Congo, and we are keeping an open heart and mind to God making a way and His timing. But in that, I worry about what will happen to these two groups where I have been the teacher. 

This last week at the Simply the Story training I wrote about here, a leader from each group was trained in Bible storying! I am so excited that these women will be able to take over these Bible studies. They have the tools to continue the ministry on, and even the basics of how to teach others how to lead a story. 

Over the next few months I am going to be working with each of them to hand the Bible study to them completely. We will do some weeks of preparing together and me still presenting, then some weeks of us preparing together and them presenting, and then a few weeks of us preparing together, and me not going and letting them have the space to lead it completely and we can meet to debrief. I am so excited to see how God will use these two women to reach their neighbors in ways that I couldn't do.  

Would you pray with me for these two women? 


Regina is the wife of a pastor and also teaches preschool to the neighborhood children whose families can't afford to send their kids to school. 
Josephine is also the wife of a pastor. She is a seamstress who makes beautiful dresses to help support her family. 

Pray that:

they are able to find the time to prepare the Bible stories well. 
the friends and neighbors will continue coming, or begin coming as they are leading. 

they are encouraged in their service to the Lord. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

use your faith, which convinces us that we can do what we thought we could not
I will keep your work in my prayers

Loran Fabyuel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.